Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 13:45:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You know you've been hacking too long when...

> > [ ... odd keyboard interactions ... ]
> Later, I'll return to my desk and attempt to drag the note away with the
> mouse.  For some reason, it doesn't work.

hmm, i've done too many of these.  =)

1. few years ago when i was living on irc, way past 10 hrs a day on the
   days i didnt bother to do anything else, i once seriously thought of
   kickbanning someone in real life (after which i've cut off my irc into
   less than an hour per day average).

2. too many times i've watched(or been) out and thought the display has an
   excellent color depth and a remarkable refresh rate. and i mean this have
   happened multiple, way past 10, times.

3. when i've had two monitors next to eachothers, i've tried to cut&paste
   from one to another and failed, then i've retried and realizes what i
   were doing...

4. i have a tv next to my monitor, i've tried to use keyboard/mouse to change
   the channels and remote control to change screens/windows, several times.
   since i'm about to install a hauppage card, i'm sure i get more variations
   of this in the future...

5. i've read a book and attempted to cut&paste from the pages into my editor,
   multiple times this one too. it feels so stupid each time.

i'm sure that wasnt all of i've done, rest i cant recall...

quite normal thing is that i've picked the habit of talking while people
talk to me in real life, something i've too learned from irc. it seems
to annoy many people, while i dont often even realize. since it's relatively
easy to listen and speak at the same time and be aware of both. anyway
it's something i have to often explain to them... (i think the "outside"
society thinks such a behaviour to be very rude actually)

mickey