Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2017 13:59:43 -0500
From:      Vincent Olivier <vincent@up4.com>
To:        FreeBSD virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Thanks

<trentnthompson@gmail.com> a =C3=A9crit :
>=20
> Vincent,=20
>=20
> >have my macOS built-in VNC client working with bhyve (right now, only =
TigerVNC works)
>=20
> If I recall, this is due to null authentication from bhyve fbuf. There =
does seem to be a patch in phabricator to add simple authentication to =
bhyve, I'm sure they'd love some testing! =
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7029 <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7029>;

Will look into that, thanks for pointing it out.

>=20
> >get a vm going with macOS Server with Clover EFI
>=20
> I've tried a few different things with this. In some cases I got it to =
hang on the Apple loading screen, and in some other cases I got a little =
bit of kernel output during boot before bhyve crashing. When I did get =
errors, they were usually with the "3rd party kexts" like "FakeSMC.kext" =
and the like.=20
>=20
> https://twitter.com/pr1ntf/status/750574003954352128 =
<https://twitter.com/pr1ntf/status/750574003954352128>;

Did you try it with the -v kernel flag (verbose)? What does it say? =
FakeSMC.kext is the =C2=AB normal PC =C2=BB emulation of the Apple =
firmware, it is open source so maybe we can build a debug version and =
see what it says and then ask the bhyve team if it can be done?=