Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:26:57 -0400
From:      "Julie Lemma" <jblemma@nc.rr.com>
To:        <tg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Please help

I'm looking for help with a question...

About 5 years ago I downloaded PySol on my Windows 98 computer - and =
copied all the files to floppies for safe keeping.  A few years and a =
new computer later, I still enjoy and play PySol v.4.40.0.0 - I use =
Windows XP now.

I have been waiting for a long time for Markus's update for PySol with a =
convenient Windows setup version - the latest news on his website states =
that he had a major disk problem and will not have it at this time.

This is so simple for you but to a person who doesn't know the foggiest =
about Python...

I downloaded pysol-4.82.tar.bz2 to my desktop and Windows cannot find a =
program to open the file obviously.  (Even though I do have a working =
PySol program with Python files on my computer.)

I see that there is a Windows Installer at www.python.org/download/ - =
this will install Python on my computer.  I assume this would allow me =
to open/install pysol-4.82.tar.bz2.  But would you tell me if this is =
what I should do??  Will having Python "mess" up anything on my computer =
or create other problems??  It's the "unknown" I'm fearful of - if I =
could just find someone who could explain it to me, I will understand...

All I want to do is "open" and install the updated version of PySol in =
Windows (XP).  If I don't do this - it's no big deal - I'll just play =
the version I already have.  I just like learning and updating.

Thanks for listening and any help you or someone can provide...
Julie Lemma