Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:20:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD trivia

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> All the hoopla over what an earth-shattering design the iMac is
> really ticks me off.  Apparently these boneheads have never seen
> a SPARCstation SLC or ELC.  Or this the wonder solely reserved for
> the color?

I do.  Boy did they suck.  At least ELC's had an external SCSI connector,
SLC's were strictly diskless.  I think the iMac would suffer the same fate
if the masses weren't so stupid.  Why would you buy a machine that you
-cannot- add drivespace to?

> Maybe Sun ougtta revive the ELC, stick a shrunken Ultra-5 mother
> board in it, and call it the iSPARC.  I'd buy one of those for a
> dollar.  ;^)

I'd give 'em 5 for it.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)