Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:57:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        software@kew.com (Drew Derbyshire)
Subject:   Re: make release produces unbootable boot floppies, no boot loader, no  /kernel

   Well, FWIW, I've been modifying my local 'make release' to produce
a 2.88M boot floppy, which I then use as the boot image when I burn a
CD of the SNAP. Works like a champ.

   Thus, the isofs creation is a straight run of the code in
examples/worm and cdrecord:

sh /usr/share/examples/worm/makecdfs.sh \
   -b "${SNAP}" /cdwork/disc1 /cdwork/cd1.image \
  "${SNAP} (c) FreeBSD" && \
cd /cdwork && cdrecord dev=5,0 speed=4 -v cd1.image

   If I hop on my soapbox, I'd really like to see a single floppy
network install which supports nfs(which I also re-enable on the
normal boot.flp since it fits on the 2.88M image).

oh well,
John