Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 22:30:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      gentile@gradient.cis.upenn.edu (Elizabeth J Gentile)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   please help

Hello, I have some questions I hope you can answer:

I am installing FreeBSD 2.1 on my Toshiba 400CDT portable computer.

My CDRom drive is not supported, so I need to copy the necessary
directories to my hard drive.

1. Which dirs are required for the X-Developer distribution?

2. And if I copy the entire CD-Rom to my hard disk, will it only install the
options for the X-Developer distribution, or will the install program
expand ALL of the files it finds on the hard disk I am installing from
(like a FULL installation) ?

3. Are PCMCIA modems supported, or only serial ones?

4. How do I install additional pieces later without re-installing the
whole system?

Thanks,
Elizabeth