Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 12:05:03 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@o2.cs.rpi.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Control-Alt-Delete

In the last episode (Dec 05), David E. Cross said:
> Where/how does FreeBSD handle CAD?  I know that pressing the 3 finger
> salute will trigger a clean reboot on my system, but I don't know the
> execution path.

C-A-D's default keyboard mapping is "boot", which is handled around
line 3700 on a -current copy of syscons.c (case RBT).  It can be
disabled with "options SC_DISABLE_REBOOT" in your kernel config file,
or by editing the keyboard map and removing all the "boot" entries.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com