Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:40:06 -0400
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@tansoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec AIC-7895  Onboard SCSI controller.

We got a new machine in this week with the AIC-7895 on board SCSI
controller.  It sees the Seagate drive attached to it.  FreeBSD doesn't see
the drive.  When I boot, the message scrolls off to quickly, but I saw
something like "no driver assigned" when it probed the device.  There was
no "waiting on devices to settle" message as it hit the drives.  Once
inside the installation program it said no drives available.

This is a P2-400 mother board.  I assume  this 7895 is a new controller.
I'm probably going to have to get a 2940 UW and put it in and hope it wont
cause problems with that controller.

Advice?  Suggestions?

Thanks
Rob