Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:12:00 +0200
From:      Eugene Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wpa_supplicant, Atheros AR9285 and FreeBSD 8.0 issue -> wpa_supplicant hangs

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 02:20:15PM +0200, Eugene Dzhurinsky wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:26:39PM +0200, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
>=20
> I realized that it fails after group rekeying completes. If is set rekeyi=
ng to
> occur in 30 minutes on AP host - for 30 minutes I am not getting any issu=
e.
>=20
> With my DLink WiFi USB stick powered by if_rum driver such problem does n=
ot
> appear.
>=20
> If I should provide some additional information to help someone understan=
d and
> fix this issue - please let me know :)

Finally I was able to find out the case which makes my wifi to stop working.
The problem is easily reproducible if second laptop is associated with AP.

My AP configuration (PC with FreeBSD 7.2) is listed below:

interface=3Dral0
debug=3D2
ctrl_interface=3D/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=3Dwheel
ssid=3Dfreebsdap
wpa=3D1
wpa_passphrase=3D*************
wpa_key_mgmt=3DWPA-PSK
wpa_group_rekey=3D1800
wpa_pairwise=3DCCMP TKIP

local wpa_supplicant.conf is like below:

ctrl_interface=3D/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=3Dwheel
fast_reauth=3D0
eapol_version=3D2
network=3D{
    ssid=3D"freebsdap"
    key_mgmt=3DWPA-PSK
    auth_alg=3DOPEN
    psk=3D"*************"
    scan_ssid=3D1
}

My primary laptop is ASUS K40IN with wifi card on AR9285 chipset, another
laptop is ASUS K40IJ with wifi card on AR9285 chipset too.

And once second laptop gets associated with AP - my one stops to recognize
wifi connection. But it's still listed as associated in ifconfig output. An=
d=20

wpa_cli reassociate

doesn't solve the problem - I have to restart wpa_supplicant.

Does this make any sense? Should I submit PR or there is some
misconfiguration?

--=20
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5