Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:02:47 +0100
From:      Bjorn Eikeland <bjorn@eikeland.info>
To:        Kenneth Fossen <kenneth.fossen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wireless D-link DWL-G650 A1

> Fabrizio Parrella (by way of Fabrizio Parrella<fabrizio@nldesign.com>) <>
> scribbled on 16. februar 2004 15:40:
>
>> HI! I have the wireless card D-Link DWL-G650 A1 wireless and I need
>> the info
>> to make it works with FreeBSD5.2..
>>
>> any suggestions?
> All I needed for my D-Link DWL-AG650 to work was this:
>
>      device ath
>      device ath_hal
>      device wlan
>
> Kenneth Fossen

 from man ath:
Revision A1 of the D-LINK DWL-G520 and DWL-G650 are based on an Intersil
PrismGT chip and are not supported by this driver.

so the ath driver wont do you much good if its the A1 revision and not
DWL-AG650. I know the wi driver supports Prism chips, but the PrismGT
chip wasnt listed in its man page.