Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:26:40 +0100
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Maurizio Benedetti <Maurizio.Benedetti@WFP.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [NewBye] External monitor on IBM T40

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 01:33:47PM +0000, Maurizio Benedetti wrote:
> Guys,
> I tried the combination FN+F7 already since it is the standard way also
> for Windows (I used the same HW on windows for years) but it seems to not
> be working here on BSD.
>
> Should I specify something in the XClient settings?
>
> Thank you very much anyway for you kind response.

Not that I new of. One thing you can try is to use FN+F7 from console
first, that should work.

If it does, to get the external monitor woirking with X too, you need
to adjust your resolution to match that of your external monitor (one
choice for TFT/LCD, several for CRT). I don't know how to do this from
within KDE, I usually do it directly in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

If FN+F4 on console doesn't work, your problem is not related to X.

Hope that helps,
Tobias