Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:24:28 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay), shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp (Yoshinobu Inoue), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should jail treat ip-number?

> >> I agree, *IF* IPv6 ever becomes a reality, we will look at this.
> >
> >So when will you consider that it became a reality? :-) Or am I just
> >dreaming that some operating systems and routers ship with IPv6 and
> >that IANA, ARIN, APNIC and RIPE are dishing out IPv6 addresses and
> >that we are in the process of getting Kame integrated into FreeBSD? :-)
>
> Once I have 50% or more of my users using IPv6 I'll consider it a
> reality.

hehehe, but your users will not move to IPv6, because they will say:
"We are used to being able to use jail on IPv4 and you say we must
wait until there is more than 50% of us using IPv6 before we will get
jail for IPv6?". :-)

And we can substitute whatever functionality for jail. If we want
people to even think of moving to IPv6 we will have to make as much
of FreeBSD's functionality work on there as possible.

> So far IPv6 has gotten no futher than OSI ever did.

I think I was lucky to have mostly been screened from OSI, so I can't
really compare them. IPv6 seem quitealive to me though.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za