Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:56:29 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: exiting shell and PPP security, authentication - solved

Thanks to all that replied to my question. I addopted the solution
suggested by Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>: set an alias on the login
shell and use it to start ppp. The shell exits properly when ppp stops:

Add to the end of /etc/csh.login:
# to start PPP
set tt = `tty`
alias ppplogin 'exec /usr/sbin/ppp -direct ${tt:t}'

Add to the end of /etc/profile:
# to start PPP
tt=$(tty)
alias ppplogin='exec /usr/sbin/ppp -direct ttyd0 ${tt##*/}'

Antonio
Antonio Bemfica, DalTech, Dalhousie U.	|  Hay épocas hechas para diezmar los
=> Support free software, use FreeBSD	|      rebaños, confundir las lenguas
=> http://www.FreeBSD.org		|       y dispersar las tribus.  A.C.