Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:12:46 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Subject:   Re: libsvn_subr-1.so.0: Undefined symbol "apr_thread_mutex_create"

On 2009-08-13 10:57, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Most likely, you'll need to rebuild your subversion-freebsd port.
> to do a buildworld?  ooooohkay, i guess.

The problem is that sys/conf/newvers.sh searches for svnversion, and
tries to run it, if available.  This is to append the Subversion
revision of the sys directory to the kernel version string.

Unfortunately it could not detect that your svnversion executable was
not able to run.  I would guess you applied an apr upgrade, to fix its
recent security hole, and this broke subversion.

If you just want to buildworld right now, I would chmod -x the
svnversion executable, which prevents newvers.sh from running it.

You will not get a fancy version string, however. :)