Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:53:53 +1100
From:      CRUZ Lito <lito.cruz@tenix.com>
To:        "'Larry Hawk'" <tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net>, newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Experiences

    My biggest frustration is with the IRC channels and some of the
newsgroups. There have been several times where I have a simple question
about something that might take someone 5 minutes to help me with and all
they can do is say "hey newbie, MAN <whatever>". It's almost like the
automatic assumption is that I DON'T try to figure something out on my own
before I ask.

Your experience matches mine. They seem to pressume that part of being a
newbie is not to read a manual. Sometimes you do read it and still won't get
a clue as to what is happening.

regards,

LC