Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:27:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nickelkid.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routed(8) and advertising static routes

How can I get routed to advertise static routes? The manpage for
routed(8) says:

    "Static routes in the kernel table are preserved and included
     in RIP responses if they have a valid RIP metric (see route(8))."

The route(8) manpage does not, however, explain what a "valid RIP
metric" is. I've tried adding a static route with a -hopcount 1 modifier,
and "route get" confirms that the route is added to the routing table with
the hop count intact. However, routed still isn't advertising the route to
its RIP neighbors.

What next?

Cheers,
Mick