Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:12:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gilles DALMAS <gdalmas@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg modesetting

hi,

=C2=A0

I recently installed freebsd on a VR610 msi x86_64. I also installed gnome =
2 and xorg, except that reboot I end up with a black screen. I tried genera=
ted xorg.conf.new wherein the radeon module is loaded. in the same laptop, =
I ubuntu and windows 7 triple boot. I therefore generated xorg.conf.new on =
ubuntu for me as a model. thereon modesetting module is loaded instead of r=
adeon and other device options. So I searched how to install this module on=
 freebsd, but it is apparently non-existent.