Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:31:01 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pb with building 'little brother database' for mutt under FBSD

Hi,

I've recently switched from Gnus to Mutt and i would try the lbdb features.

So, i've downloaded the lbdb sources (lbdb_0.17.1.tar.gz) and try to
build it : as said in the INSTALL file, i've done :

# ./configure
# make install

but the latter freezes on :

=-=-=-=
cp -p lbdbq.sh lbdbq
chmod a+x lbdbq
cp -p lbdb_lib.sh lbdb_lib
chmod a+x lbdb_lib
cp -p lbdb-fetchaddr.sh lbdb-fetchaddr
chmod a+x lbdb-fetchaddr
cp -p lbdb-munge.sh lbdb-munge
chmod a+x lbdb-munge
cat munge.awk > munge
chmod +x munge
sed -e 's%@''libdir@%/usr/local/lib%'  -e 's%@''sysconfdir@%/usr/local/etc%'  > lbdbq.man
=-=-=-=-=-

The 'sed' line never ends... :(

So, i comment out this line in the Makefile but, indeed, i've no more
man pages... but it seems to build.

As written in the README file, i've add the relevant rule in my
.procmailrc and add a 'set query_command="lbdbq %s"' in my .muttrc

As i run mutt again, a ~/.lbdb directory with a 'm_inmail.list' file is
created (this file is empty).

Under mutt, i try a Q to query an address, but i get an unreadable
error message (lots of ?xÊ¿¿;à.(p..(-.... .(¬Î¿¿.ë.(¬É¿¿. .(.).

As i've no man page and because the README file is rather short, i
don't know how to diagnose my pb : is there an url where to get
informations or use examples ? Did someone around there who is using
lbdb under FBSD ?

Thanks in advance,