Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:58:36 -0800
From:      Will Yardley <william@hq.newdream.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: this is getting ridiculous

Krzysztof Zaraska wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, David Kutcher wrote:
>
> > Could someone change the mailing list to not support attachments or to limit
> > message sizes?  (I think attachments:no would be a much better idea)
> >
> > The only way we'd be getting more viruses if we were using AOL accounts...
> >
> > and maybe also disabling html emails?

> and maybe also installing some anti-spam protection?

presumably there is a way to reject binary attachments other than PGP
signatures; a lot of lists seem to do this.

if the list isn't going to be made closed, it would be nice if it were
at least moderated (given someone willing to take the time / effort to
do this).

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/