Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:44:46 -0700
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Chris <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: port config questions

On Monday 17 October 2005 14:13, Chris wrote:
> Hi
>
> Q1 To celebrate upgrading my desktop box to 6.0RC1 I am also upgrading
> all my ports with portmanager. Before I ran portmanager I deleted all my
> distfiles and ran portupgrade -arRfF to fetch a brand new set (I had far
> too many stale ones). I notice that for example all the mplayer skins
> distfiles have been downloaded despite /var/db/ports/mplayer/options
> saying WITHOUT_SKIN_...=true for most of them. Is there some way to make
> portupgrade respect config files in /var/db/ports/?

Probably the fault of mplayer port for not respecting its own options.

> Q2 Can I tell portupgrade to go through the configs of all the ports it
> is going to upgrade so that I can set them all in one go and then let
> portupgrade (or portmanager) get on with things unattended? If not would
> this be a useful addition to portupgrade functionality? I would like to
> include options that are in Makefiles as well as 'make config' menus.

Setting BATCH=YES in /etc/make.conf will prevent those blue screens from
popping up.  I'm not sure if this is risky or not but BATCH=YES is a
permament fixture in my make.conf and haven't noticed any problems yet.

> Thanks
>
> btw thank you to the author of portmanager, it's wonderful (and I love
> the way it works by making excuses not to do things. :-D)

Thanks :)

-Mike