Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:00:23 -0700
From:      Gopakumar H Pillai <gopu@global.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        info@xlink.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: UCE: PC-to-UNIX Connectivity Software

> guess some people never learn
I guess they learn it from your reply. I mean the email address. It is a
good policy to not respond to spams, since they confirm your
availability through your reply. I don't even think they care about your
negative responses. Their idea is simple, Of the thousands of people
whom they spam (at no coast or negligible) if 10 people buy their
product they are happy.

Actually I learned it the hard way. My domain global.com is an
attractive one among spammers. They use our domain name or ones which
looks similar to it to send spams. And I have to take care of all
complaints. One day an angry guy thinking we sent him the spam flooded
our mail server with 60,000 mails from a program.

Good luck guys.

--Gopu