Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:42:31 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mrouted rate limit

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:40:34 -0800
"Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> wrote:

hasty> Say does anyone know if I put a rate limit on one of end of a tunnel will
hasty> the tunnel automatically use that limit in both directions?

I *believe* the rate_limit only affects how fast that box can send
data out. I seem to recall I had to put it on both ends of the tunnel
to prevent swamping my modem with mrouted packets. At least that was
the fix which worked for me. Sorry this isn't definitive :-(