Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:38:25 -0500
From:      Bryan Dina <bdina@seresc.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Checking the packages in the base install

How can I check what packages are included in the base install for
FreeBSD 5.3?  I really want to use gcj, and with the speed of my Alpha
(166MHz), it takes forever to compile the gcc suite.  I am running 5.2.1
right now, and would upgrade to 5.3 if gcj is included.  Also, a
subquestion, how difficult would it be to do an upgrade from 5.2.1 ->
5.3?  I noticed in the 5.2.1 installer (/stand/sysinstall) there was an
option marked "upgrade".... does this work easily, or is that a tricky
question to answer??

--Bryan