Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:03:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: tya on FreeBSD?

Yes, I have.  You need to modify the configure file.

First change line 869 from:
        java*1.1.7*)
to something like:
        java*1.1.7Linux*)

It doesn't really matter, since we need the java*1.1.7* somewhere else, we just
don't want it to interfere (like it does).

Then change line 917 from:
        java*Freebsd:02/25/98*)
to:
        java*1.1.7*)

Then run gmake.  That builds it fine.  You'll get warnings about tyaruntime.c
(like you noticed).  But if you look closely, they're only warnings, not
errors, so it does build libtya.so just fine.  Install that (I used gmake
install) in /usr/local/lib and set JAVA_COMPILER in your env variables, and off
you go!

Patrick

On 02-Feb-99 Tom wrote:

>   I though the tya JIT 1.2v3 on FreeBSD was easy.  During compilation, I
> got a lot of warning, and it finally died on tyaasm.S with "alignment too
> large".  I had modified the configure.in file to setup detection of the
> jdk (I'm using the latest 1.1.7 build).
>
>   I don't think the "FREEBSD" define is making it to the Makefile though.
> I added a "-DFREEBSD" to the Makefile, and got it to build a little
> farther before it died complaining of imcompatible pointer types in
> "tyaruntime.c"
>
>   Anyone got tya to work?
>
> Tom

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9