Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2014 08:39:17 -0500
From:      Kevin Monceaux <Kevin@RawFedDogs.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PVR-250 with FreeBSD 10.0?

Dominic,

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 09:15:42AM +0100, Dominic Froud wrote:

> Port should build successfully. Follow with usual "make install". To use the
> port you need to load the cxm driver with "kldload cxm" and use
> "pvr250-setchannel" to select input, etc. After that I mostly only do "cat
> /dev/cxm0 > something.mpg"

Thanks for the help.  I was able to build and install the port successfully.
But, when issuing a "kldload cxm" it loads the module, but I get:

device_attach: cxm0 attach returned 6

and /dev/cxm0 isn't created.  Could that be a problem with the hcwPVRP2.sys
file I found?  Or perhaps my card is bad.  The last PC I used it in died
after a power failure so it's certainly possible that the card was damaged
too.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.