Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:37:57 +0000
From:      henry tieman <henryt@aracnet.com>
To:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.5-PRERELEASE and VAIO z505he

I want to thank people for their hard work on FreeBSD.  Most things work
without problem.

I have noticed an issue on my z505he with the prerelease, cvsuped Dec.
22, 2001.

The first is sound - it makes noises but not the right ones.  It's a
Yamaha 744 chip and uses the ds1 driver in pcm.  The sounds the laptop
makes are really odd, and the progress meter in xamp moves at about 10
times normal.  The same kernel works on my desktop but it has a Creative
Labs card. Sound on the vaio never worked well under 4.4 it was ok under
4.3.

Message from sndstat is:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Dec 24 2001 00:49:49
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E(YMF744)> at memory 0xfecf0000 irq9(4p/2r/0v channels
duplex)

henry