Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 98 12:34:13 -0500
From:      FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn>
To:        Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "amanda-users@amanda.org" <amanda-users@amanda.org>
Subject:   Re: I cannot get to work Amanda on my tape

-- [ From: FreeBSD Questions * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> > When I do:
>
> > 12:22 mail: {102} ./amlabel DailySet1 VOL01
> > insert tape into slot 0 and press return
> > ^C
>
> Are you sure `chg-manual' is the tape changer you want?  Have you properly
> configured the tape devices in amanda.conf and in the tape changer
> configuration file?  What if you run `mt' commands on the tape  device
> directly?

I'm not sure about that. I don't have any changer (I think..). I have not
configured properly my tape device in amanda.conf because I don't know which
TAPETYPE to use with my HP Colorado T4000s TRAVAN drive. When I run mt
commands like 'mt retension' seems to do it because the activity led lits
and starts making noise. When I do a 'mt status' I get:

12:31 mail: {107} mt status
Present Mode:   Density = 0x45         Blocksize = 512 bytes
---------available modes---------
Mode 0:         Density = 0x00         Blocksize variable
Mode 1:         Density = X3.136-1986  Blocksize = 512 bytes
Mode 2:         Density = X3.39-1986   Blocksize variable
Mode 3:         Density = X3.54-1986   Blocksize variable
12:31 mail: {108}

> Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
> oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org} Universidade
Estadual