Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:43:27 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Thorsten Baumeister <Toras@gmx.net>
Cc:        cptsalek@gmail.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No Pipe Symbol using X-Server via XDMCP

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Thorsten Baumeister <Toras@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 9 Jun 2010 19:22:33, Christian Walther <cptsalek@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Christian,
> thanks for your hints. I still have the old problem, but I realized at th=
e weekend, that they only exist, if I use the KDE Desktop via XDMCP and an =
X-Server (VcXsrv / Xming) running on XP. I'm not sure whether it's a KDE or=
 XOrg related problem or a problem of the X-Server... If I login directly, =
everything works fine.

> Any hints?
>
> Thorsten Baumeister
>

>>> I have a problem to get my KDE4 Terminal working. I use a German keyboa=
rd, and I am not able to use some special keys. Especially I miss the pipe =
symbol ('|'), but there are some more like '?', '@', '?'. I compiled KDE on=
 my own computer running a FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE kernel. All packages are up t=
o date. Any hints? If I use an SSH connection (PuTTY), everything is fine.

I had a similar problem with running virtualbox under Windows 7.  The
problem was caused by one of the Keyboard drivers that was installed
under Windows 7.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the
driver.

What keyboard drivers are installed on your Windows XP system?

Scot