Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:09:28 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>
Cc:        osa@freebsd.org.ru, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with getting through firewall using CVSup

Hi!

> > > May firewall prevent me from initiating connection to 5999 port?

This seems to be the case because of:

I.e. the client sends a SYN packet out, but never receives SYN/ACK
from the server. And:

> > > I tried to telnet to cvsup.fr.freebsd.org to 21 and 5999 ports.
> > > The first one works fine, but the last one produces only timeout.

Which proves that your firewall blocks connections to port
5999.

Talk to your firewall admin. If using CVSup is in accordance with
your security policy, have the firewall setup fixed. If it isn't,
you can't use CVSup. Simple as that.

HTH,

Patrick M. Hausen
Technical Director
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Scheffelstr. 17 a     Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100