Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:31:11 +0200
From:      coolix <coolix@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org.
Subject:   Re: Xfce4: quit does not work

Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a brand new machine with 7.0-STABLE-200805 AMD64 (GENERIC
> kernel). Today I installed all the required packages using "pkg_add
> -r", including xfce-4.4.2. Now if I run "startxfce" I get the desktop
> environment running but neither the "Quit" option of the desktop menu
> nor the quit button of the panel work.

Got the exact same problem here too, i cant quit it. I installed XFCE4
from ports.
I also noticed it takes far more longer time to start than the version
shipped in packages-7.0-release.

This is the error message i have when starting XFCE4. Maybe that is what
cause the slow start and the 'quit' problem:
** (xfdesktop:1386): CRITICAL **: settings_register_callback: assertion
`cb && user_data && mcs_client' failed

--
coolix