Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:56:40 +0530
From:      "Anjali Kulkarni" <anjali@indranetworks.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "Michael Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zones

I meant is there something in Linux akin in *functionality* to the zones of
FreeBSD? So, in Linux, the name might not be "zones" but the functionality
should be the same as the zones of FreeBSD. To answer this question, one
should know what zones in FreeBSD are, quite well. So, for example, zone
allocation is really fast because large memory is pre-allocated and is kept
as a linked list of free elements, and you cannot really free a zone to the
system till all elements of that zone are free etc.(I dont know a lot about
zones myself, otherwise I wouldnt need to ask this question). Something in
Linux which achives the same result...
And I think there are a few people(who were) involved in Linux development
on this list, so I posted it here.

Regards,
Anjali