Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:06:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   egcs and Qt?

Has anyone had luck making the Qt port?  I've tried the latest libg++
(2.8.0 snapshots) in both static and shared form, to no avail.  I was able
to get the Qt port to compile, but linking against the generated library
produced many many errors.  However creating programs with egcs (or any
gcc) linked against the libraries created FreeBSD's gcc (2.7) seem to work
fine.  Has anyone had better results with an a.out system?  Any
suggestions?

Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.

- alex