Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:38:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   questions about those patches on curl

Hi good people!

(If this address is not the proper one to mail this question to, please
forward this mail to the most suitable receiver!)

I'm the primary author and maintainer of curl and libcurl. I've received
questions about the patches[*] you provide against the stock curl package
(curl 7.10.8 in your case) and I am very curious about the reasoning behind
several of them.

First, I'll offer you my analysis of the six current patches. Done a couple of
weeks ago: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-03/0043.html

Note that we are now at version 7.11.1 so you may have had reasons to fix
something that is no longer broken.

[*] = http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/ftp/curl/files/

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-