Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:59:32 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shared memory - Was: 2 Queries

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:30:08PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20000301145737.A22521@netmonger.net>, Christopher Masto writes:
>
> >SysV shared memory is limited, unnamed, unorganized, and uses up a
> >very scarce resource.
>
> You know, you should go back in the archives to when sysV IPC was
> released, and you will be able to find some *really* nasty but
> technically competent critizisms of it.
>
> You are preaching to a very seasoned choir here...

I apologize for belaboring it.  I was just responding to some direct
comments.  There are apparently some in the congregation who are not
members of the choir, or they wouldn't be arguing with me. :-)

I don't particularly care, as my point is simply "I don't like
SysV IPC".  I think my mistake was backing that up with "and here are
some examples of the things which caused that opinion".

In any case, I'll stop.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/