Date:      Fri, 27 May 2016 17:08:30 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cross building ports using poudriere on armv6 failing

Hi!

I'm doing some experiments with a RPI2 board and I cross build my
packages using poudriere on amd64.

Since the ABI change my poudriere jails have not been working.

Now, it's quite problable I'm missing something obvious or doing
something wrong. But I cannot really figure out how to fix this. I'm
looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I successfully upgraded the jails to r300410 using poudriere jail -u.

Now each time I start the jail it dies trying to compile pkg (the first
port it tries, with this error:

checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/wrkdirs/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/work/pkg-1.8.3':
See `config.log' for more details
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Looking at the config.log gives me this error message:

configure:3581: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3603: /nxb-bin/usr/bin/cc -O2 -pipe  -Wno-error
-fno-strict-aliasing   conftest.c  >&5
/nxb-bin/usr/bin/ld: ERROR: a.out uses VFP register arguments,
/tmp/conftest-808afb.o does not
/nxb-bin/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
/tmp/conftest-808afb.o
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

What should I do? Did I messed up the update?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>