Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 02:50:57 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        Craig Burgess <craig-burgess@home.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modula 3 "make install"

On Sun, Sep 13, 1998 at 11:14:34PM -0700, Craig Burgess wrote:
> Um.  The man page for 'make' is written in an obscure dialect of
> Martian, however I uncommented the /usr/ports/net/cvsup/Makefile as --
> '# To build the client without GUI support:
> MAKE_ENV=       M3FLAGS=-DNOGUI'
>
> and tried 'make install' in /usr/ports/net/cvsup once again -- with the
> same results -- failed in the same place -- and that presents a
> conundrum...

You should probably 'make clean' before trying 'make install' again.  If your
only goal is to get a working cvsup (as opposed to learning to deal with the
ports system), you could pick up:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CVSup/cvsup.nogui-bin-15.4.2.tar.gz

(it's not a package that pkg_add can deal with, but it does include a cvsup
binary that does not use X)

On the other hand, you may want to install (only) the X libraries and headers
so you can compile/run X programs on that server, and display them on your
desktop machine.

--
Zach Heilig -- zach@gaffaneys.com
  A horse without a nose... never wins. (unknown)