Date:      30 Apr 1998 14:30:55 -0400
From:      Allan Strand <astrand@linum.cofc.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ep0 and  3c589D troubles

Hi All,

I'm having problems with the ep0 driver allocated by pccardd.

The system: gw2k solo 9000, with a 3c589D ethernet card.

I'm trying to link to our university system via a UTP connection.

I've been using zp0 for a while both with 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 releases.
It works fine for me, but I have been getting tired of having to
reboot to move the machine.

I've now tried to get the ep0 driver working.  pccardd recognizes the
card when it is inserted and allocates the ep0 driver, but the network
response is deadly slow.  Even after looking at the maillist archives
I am still at a loss as to how to rectify the situation (some messages
in the archives suggest that ep0 should perform better than zp0).  Is
this related to routing issues?  If so what should I do?

My pccard.conf follows, if that is any help.

Thanks,
Allan
# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     3 10 11 13 15
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
        config  0x1 "ep0" 10
        insert  echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0
        insert echo pccard_ether run for 3com 589D on ep0
        remove  echo 3Com Etherlink III removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig ep0 delete

--
Allan E. Strand                Internet:   stranda@cofc.edu
Department of Biology          Phone:      (843) 953-8085