Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:20:50 -0700
From:      Michael Dexter <editor@callfortesting.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iscsi_initiator.ko failure on 10.0 snapshot

Hello,
> I am attempting to load the iscsi_initiator.ko kernel module on the
> FreeBSD-10.1-PRERELEASE-amd64-20140907-r271243-memstick.img snapshot and
> get an error with the following in /var/log/messages:
>
> ... kernel: >>> iscsi_start: iscsi_initiator: make_dev_credf failed
> ... kernel: module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (iscsi_initiator,
> 0xffffffff82e43000, 0) error 17

I have found that this error appears if one loads iscsi.ko before
iscsi_initiator.ko. After the error, iscsi.ko appears to be loaded but
not usable. Unloading iscsi.ko will allow iscsi_initiator.ko to load but
trying iscsi.ko will result in the error.

Both appear to create /dev/iscsi when loaded

Is this the expected behavior?

Thank you,

Michael