Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:41:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        "Frank J. Beckmann" <frank@vogon.agala.harz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syncing disks ... giving up

On 12 Jan 1999, Frank J. Beckmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> until a few days ago I used 3.0-current elf with a.out kernel of early
> december. Then i updated to a curent current and elf kernel. Since then
> my disks can't get synced when I do a shutdown. It says "syncing disks..."
> and the number of busy local buffers goes down to 5 or for, but not below
> that number. Syncing the disks only succedes in one in about 10 times.

<AOL>
me too!
</AOL>

When it happens with me i get an SCB message of some sorts, i know this
isn't helpful but if it happens again i'll break into the debugger...

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current