Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:06:32 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC7084 "Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers"

Since FreeBSD is a general-purpose operating system, a fresh install =
with default options will certainly not meet all the requirements. =
However, from a quick read of the RFC it looks like it would be =
straightforward to configure a FreeBSD box to meet the requirements.

For simple routing, the include rtadvd(8) may be adequate; however I am =
unsure if its behavior by default would meet req G-4 from 4.1. (If it =
doesn=E2=80=99t, a small script to add interfaces using rtadvctl once =
appropriate WAN routes are available would suffice.) FreeBSD does =
include a RIP6 routing daemon (route6d); other routing protocols are =
supported by third-party programs such as quagga or openbgpd.

FreeBSD supports SLA but requires third-party software for DHCP6 client =
or server operation. Examples of such software include dhcp6, =
isc-dhcp43-client, and isc-dhcp43-server.

Those are all the potential sticking points that stood out to me.