Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:31:34 +0100
From:      Edward Lichtner <lichtner@9online.fr>
To:        <ibs@bohemen.se>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Creating an INDEX file for local tbz packages

> On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:26:26PM +0100, Edward Lichtner wrote:
>> I then tried to install a package using : pkg_add /pkg/fr-kde-i18n-3.3.0=
.tbz
>> I get a message that some needed packages cannot be found. But these
>> packages are actually in the /pkg directory. I assume I have to create a=
>> INDEX file inside /pkg to tell pkg_add what is available in the director=
y.
>>=20
>> Any clue how I should do it ?
>=20
> Hi Edward.
>=20
> I got a clue for you. ENVIRONMENT in pkg_add(1).
>=20
> May you be well and add just enough packages.
>=20
>=20
> Cheers,
> Bj=F6rn Sj=F6berg=20
>=20
> --
> On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
> - Peter Steiner

Thanks for the clue Bj=F6rn. The Environment section of the man page indicate=
I have to add the path to the tbz files in the PKG_PATH variable. But there
is no indication of the syntax to do this. PKG_PATH does not appear to be a
command with a man page. Any input as to how I update the PKG_PATH variable
? Did I miss something out?
Edward