Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 12:39:14 -0600
From:      "Chuck Rock" <carock@epctech.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   More logging questions....

I have a machine running FreeBSD 4.2, and when it boots up, I can watch the
console, and everything is highlighted (bright white), then I guess it moves
on to starting processes from init, rc.local and such, and the console is
loggin stuff on the screen in normal text (not highlighted).

This information is NOT in the messages file, nor in the dmesg output. The
last information logged to both (dmesg and /var/log/messages) is the last
disk drive initialization.

I see on the screen some error about ld.so not found, Apache, and some other
things, but I can't find out where that information is being logged, so I
can look at it remotely.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find this information?

The rc.local file, and scripts in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory don't
appear to be executing on startup, and I need to figure out what's causing
the problem.

Help appreciated,
Chuck Rock