Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:20:09 +0000
From:      "Minimi, Phillip A" <phillip.a.minimi@lmco.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   coretemp driver

We are running RedHawk5.4.11, 2.6.31.13, based on RHEL5.4 x86, on an IBM HS=
23. Executing sensors showed no output at all, no sensors detected. I looke=
d at coretemp.c and saw that the HS23 CPU, 32nm, CPUID=3D 0X2D, was not sup=
ported and in fact coretemp was reporting that in /var/log/messages. I adde=
d 0x2D to coretemp.c and rebuilt the kernel to see if we could even read a =
sensor. That worked and now there is a temperature reported for each CPU. H=
owever, with the "workaround" I don't have any confidence in the accuracy o=
f the output of course. Is there a patch I can apply to the kernel source t=
hat will update coretemp.c and related source code?