Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:33:44 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>, Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Semi-urgent: openmotif build broken

 * From: Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.org>

 * On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 07:54:41PM -0600, Ade Lovett wrote:
 * # On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 05:50:57PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
 * # > 	I say semi-urgent because I know Asami-san has flipped the switch
 * # > to use openmotif by default. With an up to date ports tree I can't build
 * # > openmotif, it fails in the patching step with a "File to
 * # > patch: " message. I don't have time to debug it myself, but I thought it
 * # > would be important to draw attention to it asap.
 * #
 * # Works for me.. 4.2-BETA/i386 + ports as of today:
 *
 * Me too.  Make sure your patches match these.

Works for me (bento) too. :)

Please check the errorlogs page before reporting errors.  There are now
links to packages built in the most recent runs.  If the package shows
up there, then it built ok on bento and it is very unlikely that a
catastrophic error like patch failing has gone unnoticed. - *

  http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/packages-4-latest/

shows that open-motif has built fine.

Note that just verifying that there is no error listed in the
errorlogs page is not enough.  A package may not have been built for
any number of reasons (dependency failing, set RESTRICTED, etc.)  So
you will need to check the packages page to be sure.

By the way, this page has become available recently because I turned
off the commercial motif.  Before, the commercial version was in this
directory (in the guise of the Motif-dummy package) and was deleted
after the build before the packages became available to the public.
That restriction is now lifted so I can give you the current list of
packages. :)

Satoshi

 * - It is actually possible, for instance, if a patch is generated
     dynamically, or there are several different distfiles that are
     not identical and the porter mistakingly added md5's of all of
     them to distinfo.  So just because a package shows up here
     doesn't mean it will work for everyone.  But then I'm not Bruce
     so I'll stop here. :)