Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:10:13 +0100
From:      Johann Sharizan <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console video mode -- where did 132x43 go?

Hi.

I used to run 132x34 as console text resolution, though it appeared slightly
bended.

That was before I switched from the Cirrus Logic GD5430 SVGA controller that came
built-in with this Pentium 120. I recently switched to an ATI Mach64-GU graphics
accelerator, which is newer and better equipped, yet it only seems to handle
80x40 -- at least according to <vidcontrol -i mode | grep T>

Now I'm stuck, 132x34 is really a beautiful mode, and 80x40 is hella ugly.

Is anyone out there able to help me?

Regards,
Johann