Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2019 13:45:00 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?S=C3=B8ren_Schmidt?= <soren.schmidt@gmail.com>
To:        Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/NetBSD bluetooth stack

Hi

I think you overread that page a bit :)

=46rom what I have gleaned their bluetooth stack is just as much =
abandonware as ours :)

=46rom what I found out working on the banana-m2-berry that has one of =
those =E2=80=9CSD enabled=E2=80=9D wifi/bt chips, the bt part can be =
accessed as a serial device, so the current code could potentially =
=E2=80=9Cjust work=E2=80=9D YMMW.

But I agree 100% that we need to get our act together and get on with a =
a working modern BT stack, and by all means a self-contained one.

-S=C3=B8ren

> On 17 Nov 2019, at 12.57, Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> FreeBSD ARM is a perfect solution for all sort of IoT projects. But =
without a decent bluetooth
> stack implementation which could offer access to low energy sensors =
this is hard to achieve.
>=20
> Is anyone from FreeBSD ARM group testing or experimenting with BLE ? =
Has anyone looked