Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:30:12 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Nakatomi Socrates FreeBSD 9.2

On 12/25/2013 8:32 AM, illoai@gmail.com wrote:
> Should have been released on Christmas.

For Christmas, I got myself a new set of VPSes.  Sounds nerdy, but I
really love hacking away on stuff and these will let me set up for some
projects I've been wanting to try using HAST and other methods for
keeping files synchronized between servers.  They all run Nakatomi
Socrates BSD 9.2.  I have run into one small problem with it, but I'm
not sure if it's actually a problem with the OS itself:

I had gotten the VPSes deployed and, while some of the higher-level
components weren't done yet, the base functionality was done and pretty
polished.  I left work and started getting ready for Christmas dinner.
Suddenly, a bunch of scary, but oddly charming, dudes showed up and
started threatening the people who had come over for the party.  They
were demanding something about high-performance networking topologies,
but I couldn't really hear them.  Probably not relevant.

Luckily, they didn't find me right away because I was in the bathroom
changing into something nice for Christmas dinner.  I was able to sneak
away and attempt to call for help, but my phone wasn't working.  I made
my way to an upstairs window and tried to flag someone down, but that
didn't work.  The only guy who saw me was some moron-looking beat cop
more interested in his doughnuts and probably disgruntled about working
on Christmas.  The scary/charming dudes are guarding all the exits and
they socially engineered the cop away.  Looks like I'm going to need to
take more drastic measures.

Maybe I should start a signal fire?