Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:12:25 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        gryphon@healer.com, patl@asimov.volant.org, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, peter@taronga.com
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

From: patl@asimov.volant.org
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 07:54:45 -0700
> I think I missed some of the details of the Makefile proposal.  How
> does a package install it's make dependancies?  Does it add lines to

Each package has a config information file, something to the effect of:

	[package]
	RUN=1,2,3
	package: dependencies
		startup-commands

The first line "[package]" (really the section heading to allow for
a package to start up more than one thing) is for each target that
gets added to the startup line in the Makefile. The "RUN" tag refers
to what run-states (or run-levels) it is started for. The remainder
of the section are the text to include into the makefile.

The comment "well, how do you configure what it is dependent on"
is answered "the same way you'd figure out what number to assign it".

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 3 Hansom Drive, Merrimack, NH  03054
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...