Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 13:05:32 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        peadar@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mac mini install w/ latest ISO => dead keyboard at sysinstall

> Ok, it's hung by the time it gets to mountroot>: Particularly
> interesting is the fact that it seems to detect 2 USB keyboards and 2
> mice (there's only one plugged in: the keyboard to the back of the
> mini, and the mouse into the hub on the keyboard.)
> ukbd0 and ums0 both report as
> vendor 0x05ac, product 0x1000, rev 10/15.38, addr 2, iclass 3/1 (I'm
> no USB guru, but two devices at the same address? Looks like it's
> confusing the hub for a shadow of the devices plugged in.)

  This problem has shown up on portables before, but I think I've just
realised what it is:

  If you have Bluetooth, there is a 'fake' OHCI port and devices created
that can be used to access a wireless kbd/mouse.

  Problem is, it gets probed before the fixed kbd/mouse and is first in
line to syscons. To get around this, the PCI slot associated with the
problematic ohci2 can be disabled at the loader prompt

OK set hint.pcib.1.skipslot=26

  Now, if you *do* have a b/tooth kbd/mouse this OHCI emulation could be
useful, except that it isn't going to co-exist too well with the FreeBSD
b/t stack :(

later,

Peter.