Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:01:37 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

I evidently forgot to disable Sendmail in my rc.conf on the 7.2 machine,
which in turn reminded me that I had forgotten to change the mailer.conf
to indicate my alternate MTA for sending emails.  This means that my
ssmtp.conf file was irrelevant, because sSMTP wasn't being used to send
emails at all anyway.

The relevant lines for mailer.conf, in case someone later on stumbles
across this thread looking for a solution to the same problem, are:

    sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp
    send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp
    mailq           /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp
    newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp
    hoststat        /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp
    purgestat       /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp

If this email gets through to the list, consider my problem solved and
myself suitably chagrined at having overlooked something that should have
been so obvious to me.

--=20

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--